On Monday, I asked if anyone knew of a reading challenge for the summer months. A little accountability on the blog has been pretty motivating 🙂 and I failed miserably in trying to go it alone this winter. I need something simple and easy-going for the summer. Well, Andrea came to my rescue and pointed me to the Summer Reading Challenge 2010 sponsored by Julie at My Book Retreat. I’m signing up today!
Here’s my list for the summer. All of these are books already on the shelves. A few I picked up in a moment of weakness from the discount shelves at the bookstore a few weeks ago. It’s a short list because reading has to be balanced with work, knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, gardening — well, I’m sure you understand.
- Patterns in the Sand (Sally Goldenbaum) Finished 6.26.10
- The Art of Racing in the Rain (Garth Stein) in progress
- Neeldes and Pearls (Gil McNeil) Finished 7.24.10
- Oolong Dead (Laura Childs) Finished 8.8.10
- Casting Off (Nicole R. Dickson)
- The A.B.C. Murders (Agatha Christie)
- The Red Tent (Anita Diamant) added to the list 8.10.10 in progress
- Gunpowder Green (Laura Childs) added to the list Finished 9.2.10
- Knit One, Kill Two (Maggie Sefton) added to the list Finished 9.10.10
I know I’ll pick up a couple of others from the library or bookstore after I check out everyone else’s lists.
Well, that’s it. I’m off now to sign up and head for the deck to read a bit. Want to join me? Just click on the Summer Reading Challenge 2010 button and make your list.
Thanks for visiting today!