Hello Autumn!! Bring on the cooler temps, beautiful colors, fall festivals, sweaters and shawls. I’m ready . . . really, I – Am – So – Ready!
The first day of fall is also the start of Fall Into Reading 2010, sponsored by Katrina at Callapidder Days. I found Katrina’s challenges about this time last year and have really enjoyed participating. They’re easy, motivating, and I find lots of new books to check out each time. So I’m signing up again. Basically, make a list and post the books you’d like to read during the challenge. Read what’s on your list, change it as you like. Post your progress at the end of the challenge (December 20th). There’s no required list or number of books. What could be easier? Visit Katrina at Callapidder Days to get more information and sign up. Join us!
I’m making a longer list than I’ll probably complete so that I can have lots of choices. My basic goal is five books (that’s been pretty average for my challenges). There’s lots going on with work, family and holidays during this season. I’d be tickled pink if I managed more. So … here’s the list, in no particular order except for #1.
- The Red Tent by Anita Diamant (I’m about half-way through so I’ll finish this first.)
- Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo finished
- Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart by Beth Pattillo
- Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs finished
- Sweet Tea at Sunrise by Sherryl Woods
- Home in Carolina by Sherryl Woods
- Italian for Beginners by Kristin Harmel
I’ve really enjoyed cozy mysteries this summer. Here are series I’ve started and would like to finish. It will depend on what I can find at the library or bookstore.
- A Tea Shop Mystery Series by Laura Childs — Death by Darjeeling finished
- Knitting Mystery Series by Maggie Sefton
- Tatum Twin Series by Barbara Taylor McCafferty & Beverly Taylor Herald (recommended this summer by my blog friend KLC)
Added to the list —
Three Down the Aisle by Sherryl Woods finished
What’s Cooking by Sherryl Woods finished
I’ll come back here to update in pumpkin orange 😉 as we go along.