Most of January has been devoted to socks and more socks. And I’ve been rolling right along toward my goal of 12 pair in 2012, with 2.5 pair finished so far.
This week, I took a little break to knit a cover for my Kindle. I put together my own pattern and, after three or four revisions, here she is.
Cabled Kindle Cover by . . . me 🙂
Yarn :: Loops & Threads Impeccable, rouge
Needles :: US 7 circular
Red is so hard for me to photograph. I never seem to get it just right. And today is a bit dreary so natural light is pretty dull. Neither picture gets the color quite right. It’s a much deeper, rich red. This yarn is really a soft acrylic and shows the stitch definition well.
Knowing that this will be pulled repeatedly in and out of my purse and knitting bag, I wanted to be sure that it was sturdy, snug and easily washed. The claw cable was new to me and worked up easily. I couldn’t be more pleased.
So . . . back to the socks. Maybe I’ll have pair #3 ready to share next week. Maybe . . .
Heading over to Tami’s FO Friday now to see what other folks have finished this week.
Enjoy the rest of your Friday and have a great weekend.