Hello Autumn! After the scorching summer, milder temperatures are most welcome. I love the crisp air and lovely colors of fall. It’s a wonderful time to grab a shawl, a warm cup of tea, a good book and head to the deck to enjoy the season.
The first day of Autumn brings the beginning of Fall into Reading 2012, sponsored by Katrina @ Callipidder Days. I’ve been enjoying Katrina’s challenges since 2009. It’s a simple, low pressure event that runs during the fall season (September 22nd-December 21st) and works something like this. Make a list of books you’d like to read and post your list at the beginning. Read your books; change your list as you like. No required list or number of books. Post your progress at the end. The basics and how to sign up are here.
My goal is to read at least six books during the fall season, pulling from this list to start.
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins ~ Finished The Hunger Games and just started the second book this week ~ finished 9.25.12
- Mockinjay by Suzanne Collins ~ finished 9.30.12
- Free Range Knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
- Vision in White by Nora Roberts ~ finished 10.9.12
- Hotel On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
- Dog On It by Spencer Quinn ~ finished 11.7.12
- Dunaway’s Crossing by Nancy Brandon
ADDED TO THE LIST
- Georgiana Darcy’s Diary by Anna Elliott ~ finished 12.11.12
- Hope for Christmas by Jeennifer Hayden ~ finished 12.20.12
Enjoy the first day of autumn and Happy Reading!